I am forever in love with Ireland and will always associate it with March and St. Patrick’s. These are the inspiration for this artwork.
St Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time, a day to begin transforming Winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.
- Gather Supplies.
- Create Digital Design of your Downloaded Images- Mine are Moth Clipart Images from Etsy and Emerald Isle Vintage Postcards
- I Removed Backgrounds, Changed Sizes, and Added Vintage Postcard Backgrounds.
- Print You Digital Designs.
- Add a bit of Washi Tape to the Hinge Portion of the GSLC ATC Folder.
- Dry Brush on Golden Green Gold, Phthaol Blue (Blue Shade) Acrylic Paints.
- Paint Upper Frame of the GSLC ATC with Gold Design Creme.
- Use Van Dyke Brown and Metallique Hazelnut Paints to Dry Brush Bottom Portion of the GSLC ATC Frame.
- Glue Golden Frame to Top of Brown Base with WeldBond.
- Use a Tag Punch to Punch out Base Tag from Scraps of Cardstock and a Smaller Punch to Cut out Printed Pictures of UK Trip.
- Use Hole Punch to Add Details to Top of Tags.
- Glue Smaller Tag to Top of Larger Tag with a UHU GlueStick.
- Use a blending tool and Brown StazOn to Darken Edges of Layered Tags.
- Glue Tags to Front Portion of GSLC ATC Folder.
- Cut Collaged Irish Papers into 2.5 by 3.5 Rectangles and Glue to Inside Portion of GSLC ATC Folder Using a UGU GlueStick.
- Trace Portion of Prepared Collages to Use Inside GSLC ATC Framed.
- Glue Prepared Collage Images to Back of GSLC ATC Frame.
- Once Fully Dry Use Matte Gel Medium to Coat Entire Assemblage.
Two of the photograph mini tags are of or near DunLuce Castle mentioned oil my last blog post. One is of the Giant’s Causeway, a most intriguing place, featured in Hellboy II:The Golden Army. I have forgotten where the other three were taken.
Quotes for Hellboy II:The Golden Army
“The human have forgotten the gods, destroyed the Earth, and for what? Parking lots? Shopping malls? Greed has burned a hole in their hearts that will never be filled. They will never have enough.”
“I know what’s important. It’s you. I can turn my back on the world, all of it, as long as you stay with me.”
May you never forget what is worth remembering , nor ever remember what is best forgotten.
Your feet will bring you to where your heart is.
May the dream you hold dearest, be this which come true. The kindness you spread, keep returning you.
May your joys be as deep as the ocean. Your troubles as light as its foam. And may you find sweet peace of mind. Wherever you roam.
Supplies: GSLC ATC Folder Frames 2,Digital Downloads, Digital Manipulated Images, Ink Jet Printer, Washi Tape, Golden Green Gold, Phthaol Blue (Blue Shade), Van Dyke Brown Acrylic Paints, Paintbrush, Gold Design Creme, Metallique Hazelnut Paint, WeldBond,Tag Punch, Paper Punch, Brown StazOn Ink, Blender Tool, UHU GlueStick, Matte Gel Medium
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!