XT Laser – Laser Pipe Cutting Machine
Nowadays, many industries require the processing of metal pipes, especially sports equipment and door and window decoration industries. There are many methods for cutting stainless steel pipes, the most common of which are: grinding machine cutting, circular saw machine cutting, fully automatic machine cutting, laser cutting machine, etc. So, what is the best method for cutting and processing metal steel pipes?
For stainless steel pipes with low cutting requirements and economy, ordinary grinding machines are generally used for cutting. The disadvantage of this method is that the cutting burrs are relatively large.
2. Circular saw cutting has no burrs, but compared to automatic cutting machines, it requires a higher labor cost, so the price is relatively high, suitable for cutting some longer stainless steel pipes.
The cutting effect of an automatic cutting machine can be comparable to that of a laser cutting machine, and the cost is also relatively cost-effective. It basically does not require manpower, but if the size is too long, the machine transmission will be delayed, so it is suitable for short size cutting.
If there are no burrs, the best solution is to use a laser cutting machine for pipes, but the cost of laser cutting machines is relatively high compared to other methods, which many small batch production users cannot accept.
For large-scale production enterprises, the cost-effectiveness of laser pipe cutting machines is very high. The following highlights the advantages of laser pipe cutting machines.
Laser cutting technology is a technology with high production efficiency and strong productivity. The laser cutting machine for pipes has four major advantages.
1. High cutting accuracy and high dimensional accuracy. The incision is flat and smooth, without burrs, and the material loss is minimal.
2. The Heat-affected zone of laser cutting is very small, there is almost no thermal deformation, and parts with high quality and better consistency can be produced without oxidation, which is particularly beneficial to subsequent automatic welding.
3. High cutting efficiency, capable of achieving mass production. All operations of laser cutting can be unified into the same unit as a continuous operation process, greatly reducing logistics time. The standard pipe length is 6 meters. Traditional processing methods require very cumbersome clamping, while laser processing can easily complete the clamping and positioning of pipelines several meters long, making batch processing possible.
4. The laser cutting machine is controlled by a digital system, which is also one of the advantages of laser cutting machines for cutting pipes. Firstly, accuracy and flexibility are ensured. Laser pipe cutting technology can process any programmed shape and complete cutting in any direction. The shape of the template can be quickly changed without the help of any tools. As long as the design can be modified at the last minute, it will not affect the entire product production process. The greater advantage is that end users can control short or medium running production without having to manufacture a large number of templates, which can respond to customer needs faster and provide the possibility of personalized customization.
From this, it can be seen that laser cutting of pipes can replace machining processes such as mechanical drilling, milling, sawing, punching, or deburring that require different equipment and hard tools, achieving the cutting, chamfering, and cutting of complex pipe structures. Processing of grooves or holes, scratches, and other possible size and shape features. With the rapid growth of production and consumption of stainless steel pipes in China, laser cutting equipment is rapidly popularized, and the demand for CNC cutting talents and laser cutting technology is also growing rapidly.
Advanced gas path control system design, equipped with imported pneumatic components, allows customers to freely choose three types of cutting auxiliary gases according to their needs, ensuring cutting quality and effectively reducing usage costs.
Therefore, the specific cutting method cannot be said to be absolutely good, and should be selected based on the comprehensive requirements of the outer diameter, thickness, cutting length and quantity, cutting effect, and other factors of the stainless steel pipe.
The above is the cutting and processing method of metal steel pipes introduced by Xintian Laser. I hope everyone can choose according to their own requirements after reading.