XT Laser – Laser Cutting Machine
Carbon steel and stainless steel, as common metal materials, are widely used in various industries, so laser cutting machines are undoubtedly the preferred choice for processing and cutting. However, many people are not familiar with the use of laser cutting machines, which may lead to unexpected situations. Next, we will discuss some techniques that laser cutting machines must see in cutting carbon steel and stainless steel.
What are the techniques for laser cutting carbon steel plates and stainless steel plates?
Precautions for cutting stainless steel plates:
1. Rust on the stainless steel surface of the laser cutting machine
When the surface of our stainless steel material rusts, it is difficult to cut the material and the final processing effect will be poor. When the surface of the material is corroded, laser cutting will repel the nozzle, which is easy to damage, and the problem of excessive height can also damage the components. When the nozzle is replaced, the cutting laser will move. Accurate situations can damage optical systems and protective systems, and may even cause processing explosions. Therefore, before cutting, the rust on the surface of the material should be removed thoroughly.
2. Laser cutting and painting of stainless steel surface
Painting on stainless steel surfaces is usually not common, but we also need to pay attention because paint is usually a toxic substance and can easily produce smoke during processing, which is harmful to human health. Therefore, when cutting painted stainless steel materials, the surface paint must be cleaned thoroughly.
3. Surface coating of stainless steel material for laser cutting machine
Stainless steel surface coating often appears in our daily processing, but if we follow traditional processing techniques, it will not work properly. When cutting stainless steel with equipment, cutting techniques are often used. To ensure that the film is not damaged, we usually cut one side of the film open, with the non film side facing downwards.
Tips for cutting carbon steel plates:
When laser cutting carbon steel, burrs may appear on the processed parts. Possible reasons include:.
(1) If the focus position of the laser changes, please perform a focus position test and adjust it according to the change in focus of the laser.
(2) Insufficient laser output power. It is necessary to check if the laser generator is working properly. If normal, please check if the output value of the laser control button is correct. If not, please adjust it.
(3) The cutting speed is too slow, and it is necessary to increase the cutting speed during operation inspection.
(4) The purity of cutting gas is not enough, and high-quality cutting working gas must be provided.
(5) The machine tool is unstable for a long time and needs to be stopped and restarted.
1. The laser is not completely cut off.
(1) The selection of the laser nozzle does not match the thickness of the processing board. Please replace the nozzle or the processing board.
(2) The speed of the laser cutting line is too fast, and operation control is needed to reduce the speed of the cutting line.
2. Abnormal sparks may occur when cutting low-carbon steel. When cutting soft steel normally, the fire branches are longer and flatter, with fewer forked ends. The occurrence of abnormal sparks can affect the flatness and processing quality of the cut part of the workpiece. At this point, when other parameters are normal, the following conditions should be considered:.
(1) The nozzle of the laser head is severely damaged and needs to be replaced in a timely manner.
(2) It is necessary to increase the pressure of the cutting working gas without replacing the nozzle with a new one.
(3) If the wires at the connection between the nozzle and the laser head become loose, please stop cutting immediately, check the connection condition of the laser head, and then reinstall the wires.
The above are the techniques for laser cutting carbon steel plates and stainless steel plates. I hope everyone needs to pay more attention when cutting. The materials and techniques used for cutting are different, and the events that occur are also different. We need to make choices based on specific circumstances.