1. Gather Supplies.
2. Measure a 6.5 by 7.5 Inch Substrate- I Used Bookboard.
3. Find a Magazine Landscape Picture of Your Choosing.
4. Glue Picture to Substrate Using a UHU Gluestick.
5. Once Fully Dry Distress the Edges With a Sanding Block and Gently Over all of the Image.
6. Use TH Pumice Stone Distress Stain to Add Patina to the Picture.
7. Seal With DecoArt Matte Gel Medium.
8. Use a Variety of Markers and Highlighters to Color GSLC Haunted House Oval, Creepy Sign Post and Rickety Fence with Cats.
9. Add Highlights with Neon Acrylic Paints
10. Once Fully Dry Glue all GSLC Pieces to Substrate with Weldbond.
11. Dry Pressed Completely Flat and Weighted Down.
Some Final Thoughts.
Back to my ghost tour days, excerpts from The Washington Examiner article, Ellicott City: Hotbed for the paranormal: “JD Lowe looks like an extra from a Marilyn Manson music video, with a close, blond crew cut and goatee.He’s wearing all black, a leather coat, leather boots and a kilt, and his temples and forehead are painted with icons of the sun, moon and stars. A healthy portion of glitter is sprinkled over his body.
Only five people on the tour admit to actually believing in ghosts, which Lowe said is about on par: “Most people are skeptical.” However, two stories capture the crowd’s attention: the tale of the murdered woman at the Tiber River Tavern and Al the car mechanic.
Happy Hauntings, may your Halloween be full of Magical Surprises.
Halloween Wishes-A Poem
Since this is the time for goblins and bats,
Halloween spirits, ghosts and cats,
Weird-happenings and witches brew,
These are the things I wish for you.
May the only spirit you chance to meet,
Be the spirit of love and warm friends sweet.
May the tricks that you are asked to do,
Be a trick to help you gain a friend or two.
So, by tomorrow, pick three friends sweet,
And give them all a Halloween treat.
You only have one day, so hurry!
Leave a treat on the doorstep, then flee in a hurry!
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Haunted House Oval, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Creepy Sign Post, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Rickety Fence with Cats, 6.5 by 7.5 inch substrate- I Used Bookboard, Magazine Landscape Picture, UHU Gluestick, Sanding Block, , DecoArt Matte Gel Medium, Paintbrush, Variety of Markers and Highlighters, Neon Acrylic Paints, Weldbond
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!